Ping Site

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Next Level - Update on Darell



A few months ago I posted about Darell, the winner of a three month, company-wide fat loss competition that I conducted. When the program started, Darell weighed in at 218 lbs, with a body fat level of 30% (first picture).

When the contest ended, he'd lost 30 lbs., 4 inches from his waist and half of his body fat (second picture).

Darell always came to the weekly exercise classes and group weight loss coaching sessions; sometimes the only one in attendance. He asked lots of great questions and kept in touch in between via e-mail. He was obviously committed and put the fitness and nutrition principles we discussed to the test consistently. The contest ended around April 1st of this year.

Since then, he's kept in touch and given me status update. The last one blew me away so I asked him to send me a more recent picture. That's the third one above. He's currently about 168 (sometimes lighter), and, as you can see, has clearly added some muscle as well. How much? I'd guess that he's put between 10 and 15 lbs of lean muscle on his frame. So that means his total fat loss is really somewhere in the neighborhood of 60 lbs., and his bodyfat percentage is probably about 9%. That's comparable to a professional athlete.

Darell was kind enough to leave me with this thought:

"I feel great! The hard work and time really payed off, my strenghth and stamina have both increased since the competition at work. Thanks again for helping me get the jumpstart I needed and for the additional tips and support to have a better and more fit lifestyle."

Thank you Darell, for reminding me why I do this every day and for serving as an inspiration to others.







No comments:

Post a Comment