Ping Site

Monday, December 21, 2009

With Glee

Does this woman (second picture) look happy? As in "As they shouted out with ..."? Yep, looks that way to me too. This is Linda, the runner up in the corporate fat loss contest I wrote about a few times over the past several months. Remember Darell? http://45yearold6pack.blogspot.com/2009/10/next-level-update-on-darell.html


Well, Linda wasn't too far behind Darell in body fat percentage lost at the end of the three month contest, and she was a good margin ahead of everyone but Darell. What made this achievement even more extraordinary was that she did it with almost no exercise. She attended a few of the classes I taught, but maybe only got in a dozen or fewer workouts over the entire three months, if even that. So that gave me the opportunity to basically stratify the results of simply implementing the nutrition improvements (which she nailed with precision and consistency) in the fat loss equation.
The bottom line? It's what I've said more times than I can count. If you want to get fit, exercise. If you want to be lean, clean up your eating (composition and volume).

As for exrecise, over the past few months, Linda has since made a commitment that is as firm as her new muscles, as you can see from the more recent picture. I'm very proud of her and thrilled to be a part of her process. She's now in two of my weekly classes so I regularly trot her out as inspiration for fellow students. She's a great sport about it and a great example of what you can accomplish when you finally get serious.

**********

Earlier this afternoon I was holed up in the bedroom wrapping presents for my kids and watching three shows on my computer (Hulu.com) I'd heard good things about but hadn't yet had a chance to check out: Modern Family, Cougar Town and Glee. Who needs cable?

No comments:

Post a Comment