Ping Site

Sunday, November 7, 2010

My Low Carb Pumpkin Protein Pancakes

Just in time for fall! Here's my recipe for my Low Carb Pumpkin Pancakes and TRUST me these are worth it!!!!!!! They're an indulgence to the tongue without being an indulgence to your diet or the waistline!!!!

You will need;
  1. 1/2 cup Libby's Canned PURE Pumpkin (make sure it's PURE pumpkin not pumpkin pie filling or sweetened pumpkin. Pure pumpkin packs only 9g carb per 1/2 cup and 4 of those are pure dietary fiber!!!)
  2. 4 packets Stevia
  3. 1/2 cup liquid egg whites
  4. 1 scoop Jay Robb Vanilla Protein Powder
  5. 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  6. 1/2 tsp baking powder
  7. 2 TBSP Flaxseed Meal ( I use Arrowhead Mills)
  8. 1/4 cup water (if mixture get's "thick" you may need to add more)

Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth:


Then portion the batter out into a pan and cook evenly on both sides;


I enjoyed mine this morning with a few TBSP's of Sugar Free Maple Syrup ( I buy a variety sweetened with Stevia and suggest you hunt for the same).... and they're DELISH! They also taste SUPER yummy with some PB on top!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment