Ping Site

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

How to Do a Pull Up (Video!)

In my first episode of Fitness Moves You Think You Can't Do But Totally Can, I got all crazy and tried to convince you that handstand push-ups are a great workout, fun and an awesome party trick to boot. A few of you tried them. Many of you laughed. This time I'm hoping to up the ante, both with the trying and the laughing. Today we're tackling pull ups!

Since the Y frowns upon me bringing my camera onto the weight floor, Gym Buddy Megan and her husband Sensei Don kindly offered up their basement. Hilarity - as it always does with us - ensues. Even if you don't care about pull-ups or my ugly shirt, you MUST see the last 30 seconds. I laughed so hard I peed a little. And yeah, my incontinence made the video too.

PS> This may possibly be the least flattering workout shirt ever. Forgive me; I have no idea how to dress myself. (Seriously, it looks like it's tucked into the back of my leggings - it's NOT. I swear that's how the shirt was sewn!)


Click through to see the video

Can you do an unassisted pull-up? Which variation - chair, resistance band, negative, 90 degree - is your favorite? Anyone else consistently dress themselves in things that seem like a good idea... until you leave the house? Anyone else think Bob is kinda hot??

No comments:

Post a Comment